24fret Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24fret Neck

So i wanna stick a 24fret neck on my 22 fret 25.5 scale rhoads body, do i need to mod the body so the neck sits further towards the bridge, so like the 18th fret of the new neck sits where the old neck did? or do i have it completely wrong, thanx in advance guys

Re: 24fret Neck

Warmoth offered (still? don't know?) a 22/24 fret ext. neck which fitted on a standard 25.5" scale body.
    the factor to consider is that the overhang would come close to or even overlap the neck pickup, so requiring you to move it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      So i wanna stick a 24fret neck on my 22 fret 25.5 scale rhoads body, do i need to mod the body so the neck sits further towards the bridge, so like the 18th fret of the new neck sits where the old neck did? or do i have it completely wrong, thanx in advance guys

[/ QUOTE ]
      The answer is yes. We have board members that did this type of modification (Budman and Child of Norther if I remember correctly?). What they did is plug up the neck pickup cavity, route the neckpocket out for the 24-fret neck, and refinish the body.

The warmoth 24 fret "overhang neck" is another option, but like Pebber already mentioned, it also requires you to remove the neck pickup - and a Jackson neck would still look a lot cooler on there, IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

cool, so i move the neck further towards the bridge, thanks a lot guys, never got a straight answer last time i asked this, now all i need is a reverse headstock, reverse sharkfin jackson neck, with binding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X