Anyone know where to find mini sized 500K ohm pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where to find mini sized 500K ohm pots

The only pots that will fit the control cavity of my Warrior would be mini sized....anyone know of a good place to find some mini 500K's???

Thanks,
    - Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Re: Anyone know where to find mini sized 500K ohm pots

I think I found them at universal jems....looks like they've got them in 1/4" and 3/8" shaft...anyone know off hand what length I'd need....I'm at work and don't have any Jackson's here with me....
    RIP Dime

Comment

I would go with the 3/8" shaft. 1/4" sounds too short to come through the wood top. I believe that length is for plastic pickguard mounting.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I would go with the 3/8" shaft. 1/4" sounds too short to come through the wood top. I believe that length is for plastic pickguard mounting.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">agreed, better too long than too short. You can always use washers if it's too long [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Excellent....thanks guys! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

- Joel
          RIP Dime

Comment

You're not thinking of putting knobs in that Warbird are you? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Anyone know where to find mini sized 500K ohm

Are you sure that's length and not diameter?

Comment

Yeah, that's length. I had to double check, though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  You're not thinking of putting knobs in that Warbird are you? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure am bro....I'm planning on experimenting with trying to get a hum mounted at the bridge without having to route anything just mod the bottom plate of the humbucker to make 2 screw tabs on each end to mount like the stock SC's mounted...
                  RIP Dime

Comment

That might be kinda tough to do given the shape of the route. I'd experiment with different stacked hums and wiring options first. You might also be able to cut under the little wood tabs and slide the feet of the humbucker under that (I think Charvel750 did that once?), but then again, whatever floats yer boat [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Actually...that was another option I was thinking about...just routing a little bit to fit the tabs under, but I wanted to at least try to get a bucker (or see if I could) mounted with no mods to the body....if it comes down to it I might be able to design a new bottom plate for a std. hum and have Dave or Doug try to build me one....
                      RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                      X