Ok, what do you guys think of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, what do you guys think of this?

Ok, my first ever post with photos...I hope this works OK...the only thing I do worse than play is take pictures [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I posted awhile back about a guitar I was refinishing...It is an older Anderson body, Schaller Floyd and a reverse Warmoth Str*t-head. It was a trans-purple finish over what was (in all fairness) a pretty ugly maple-top...

There were deep gouges in the back of the guitar which said "Eat Ham" and some heart design...(Hey, it was $200.00 ten years ago, lol!)

I asked a friend at work what to use to strip it down...He said he would glady strip it AND paint it...(Cool!) I told him I wanted an antique white color.

So...

I knew my girlfriend's sister was supposed to be a pretty good artist. I had never seen any of her work but her family always said she was great...I figured I would ask her if she knew anything about airbrushing...She said she hadn't done anything with an airbrush (or really any art) in fifteen years, but would give it a shot if I didn't expect too much...I gave her the body and told her I wanted skeletons, skulls and the words "Memento Mori" (means "Remember your Dead")...Other than that, I told her to do what she wanted...I gave her a print-out of the skulls graphic at GMW which is a lot like the one George has...I figured anything close to that would be awesome...

I got it back today and here it is...I am wondering if you guys think it is as cool as I do! Actually, after seeing the post where so many people don't like the skelly/skull/doom graphics, I am a bit nervous, lol...

(The quality of the paint and the clear were just a test run..She said she learned a lot from this one and is looking forward to doing another...)

It seems a shame to me that she works in a position which requires no artistic thought or creativity..

So guys, what do you think?

Dan

Re: Ok, what do you guys think of this?

Aesthetically, that's not my kind of thing, but the execution is amazing. That's a gorgeous graphic you got there. Congrats.

I wish I could not do something for 15 years and be that good at it. Good lord. If you don't mind my asking, why isn't your girlfriend's sister doing this for a living?

Comment

Holy Freakin Wow... THAT, is so cool man... Those are some seriously evil skulls, I'd figure they'd be not so cool, but they are sinister, and VERY well done.

I'd be tremendously proud to have that on my guitar. Much congrats on that one man. She did a great great job. I suppose I'd personally want it all black, or preferably all white ( I like white guitars too) with black pencil graphic skulls myself, but that is very cool and very well done.

Comment

Very nice. That's some nice work. Your girlfriends sister should be proud.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I think it looks killer. Skulls are not my thing but quality wise I think it looks great. I also like the black and white graphic with the maple board [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

That kicks major fucking ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Awesome job she did! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

great execution! I was wondering how good it was going to be, given that it's been 15 years. But she really came through. Any thoughts on contracting her out? I'll bet you could get her a bunch of graphic work after showing this guitar off here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I like it, it looks great. Congrates [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Wow, fifteen years and she does this!?! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I'm one who no longer digs skulls and such for my personal stuff nevertheless that that's a truly exceptional piece! Very very well done!
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

gooooooooooodddddd damn that is fuckin awesome! i wonder if she could do that to my spare Dinky body?! whew, fuckin awesome guitar

Comment

<font color="aqua">what an AMAZZZZING job! I could only hope to get half as good as that. Congrats to your girlfriends sis and to you for a great looking axe- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thats some awesome work there ! Looks great !

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            That kicks major fucking ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Awesome job she did! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow!!! That's very good!!

Comment

Working...
                              X