Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suggestion on what to raise floyd nut with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion on what to raise floyd nut with?

the locking nut on my 89 Rhoads needs to be raised on the high side. i can tell someone already placed a tiny thin piece of metal under the low side to raise that up, but i need something similar for the high side. anyone have any suggestions on what i could use?

Re: suggestion on what to raise floyd nut with?

A tiny thin piece of metal?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      A tiny thin piece of metal?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That, or you could use tin foil...

Dan

Comment

All-Parts sells metal shims for raising a Floyd nut,come with two slots to fit around the mounting screws,work great!!

Comment

<font color="yellow">Go to a discount auto store and buy a couple of cheap feeler guages used to measure the gap on spark plugs.

They have a variety of thicknesses and are very inexpensive.

A pair of tin-snips is all you need and really, who cares if you mess up the guage....you're only out a few bucks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

listen to the wise man Mr Splatter....

they come in various thikness so you can make it perfect. I have gotten them from Stew-mac.com and wdmusic.com too I even used the thicker jobies for stable nut platforms.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

You can probably go to a hobby shop/hardware store and buy small sheets of brass in a variety of thicknesses. You can cut a nut shim from these similar to the pre-cut Floyd shims.

Comment

PAV, I see you're in Va. Beach. If you go with the Allparts shims, you might want to see if Alpha Music has them in stock. They carry tons of Allparts stuff, & they charge about the same as the Allparts site without the wait or the shipping charges. Check at the tech desk around to the left of the store. Great, helpful folks in there! Not a J/C dealer anymore, unfortunately, but they do have a B/Y EVH Art Series in stock.

Alpha Music
                3234 Va. Beach Blvd. (near Hall Automotive)
                486-2001

Comment

alpha music is my favorite store! im about 10 minutes from them. everyone that works there rules, super nice people.

i think they are a J/C dealer now though. in the past few months, ive seen a few nice USA soloists come through, and they got about 4-5 indian Jackson models in, like 2 of those cheap rhoads, a cheap kelly and a cheap dinky. Those EVH guitars sold out a while back.

Ill check them out, I need Walter (the guitar tech) to refret my axe soon anyway.

Comment

If you're cheap, just use a business card or the thin clear plastic from a pack of guitar strings. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X