Nut for hardtail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut for hardtail?

Does anyone have any experience with the LSR roller nut? How does it compare to other nuts in terms of tuning stability?

Thanks.

Re: Nut for hardtail?

I had a guitar fitted with one once. I didn't notice any real improvment over a properly cut and lubed regular nut.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I had a guitar fitted with one once. I didn't notice any real improvment over a properly cut and lubed regular nut.

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of "regular?" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Bone, brass, graphite, other?

Comment

Corian.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Does anyone have any experience with the LSR roller nut? How does it compare to other nuts in terms of tuning stability?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta ask - why are you concerned with stability with a hardtail? Unless your using a trem I would stay away from the roller nut...corian or bone will work / sound better - the LSR will be pretty bright.

Steve E

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Corian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Gotta ask - why are you concerned with stability with a hardtail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you mean--are you saying that tuning isn't a problem with hardtails? I haven't spent a whole lot of time with fixed bridge guitars but my experience has been that nothing stays in tune as well as a Floyd.

[ QUOTE ]
              Unless your using a trem I would stay away from the roller nut...corian or bone will work / sound better - the LSR will be pretty bright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Chuckracer recommended corian too. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X