Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you recomend me a inexpensive floyd copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you recomend me a inexpensive floyd copy?

To replace a 580lp (knife edges are shot)
    is there a trem that is under $75 that is as good or better than this one?
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Re: can you recomend me a inexpensive floyd copy?

Go on Ebay and get one.

Comment

We need someone to try out one of those Mighty Mite trems - you've been elected [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You might actually be able to pick up an original FR for that much on Ebay. I believe Carvin sells them for $100.

Comment

no....no.... you'll never find a good FR for 75.00, try the Mighty mite!try the Mighty Mite! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Carvin has OFRs for $169 in Chrome, $179 in Black, and $189 in Gold.

Guitarpartsdepot has OFRs for $149 in Chrome (out of stock), $159 in Black, and $169 in Gold (out of stock).

The copies are way less: http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant2/me...y_Code=locktrem
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Try a mighty mite from this site they are the cheapest I've seen($59.95+ship.) www.dancingdragonguitars.com you can't go wrong,it can't be worse than a JT6 ,which are fine pieces of work IMO,just not the best material. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Savage I have a black one in very clean condition send me a P.M.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.. Here are mulötiple ones out there, but the only ones good enough to earn my recommendation are the OFR and Schaller units, a JT-6 is fine if it came stock.

Everything else is just a cheap copy in my opinion [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Savage,

TRS makes a really good trem that will replace the 580LP with exact fit. I was really impressed when I got it. Always went right back in tune. Anyway heres a link. I think the straight edges look awful with the angled route when you go from a 580lp to a FR or like.

http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant2/me...y_Code=locktrem

Good luck

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Try a mighty mite from this site they are the cheapest I've seen($59.95+ship.) www.dancingdragonguitars.com you can't go wrong,it can't be worse than a JT6 ,which are fine pieces of work IMO,just not the best material. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      hey thanks bro that is a JT 500 type and GOOD ENOUGH for now if i dont get one used
                      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Savage I have a black one in very clean condition send me a P.M.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        PM sent [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X