truss rod adjusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truss rod adjusting

i was wondering how often or necessesary it is to adjust a truss rod.I lowered the action on my usa jackson and have a tiny amount of fret buzz.im not to keen on adjusting the rod tho.i dont even know if it needs it.
    [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Re: truss rod adjusting

A tiny amount of fret buzz is normal on super low actions.

You generally should never need to adjust your truss rod in ideal situations. If you don't have experience, I'd recommend not to experiment on a USA Jackson.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I just had a dream about truss rod adjustment.
      Eddie Van Halen told me he doesn't adjust the truss rod anymore because it can screw the neck if you do that often.
      So he recommended me to adjust the bridge height instead.

Weird dream but so real and look what I found as soon as I got here.
      A Truss adjusting thread....

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="red">well maybe eddie subconciously made me start this thread since hes one of my top gtr players? </font>
        [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

I am not kidding about the dream.
          I just took a nap and saw the dream. like 15mins before I posted. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Scary stuff though....finally the drunken master has taken over my brain.....
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

wow.what a trip....well send him over my way.i need advice...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I am not kidding about the dream.
              I just took a nap and saw the dream. like 15mins before I posted. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Scary stuff though....finally the drunken master has taken over my brain.....
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Guess your going to have to go back to Floyd equipped guitars now, TVH?!? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Oh no!!!
                That is why...
                I think I need a guitar with floyd so I can adjust the bridge height easy..

Comment

Doesn´t this belong in the Tech room? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Either way, if you arent sure what you´re doing with adjusting the truss rod, I´d leave it to a tech....or, when you have the info you´re looking for, at least start on something "dispensable" like a Squier, cheap Johnson strat or ESP [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

there are a lot of tutorials here that may help you in your quest: www.projectguitar.com

Comment

Usually a truss rod adj is so minor, 1/4 turn either way I don't see how you could screw up a neck by just adjusting it.Some guitars just seem to stay "right" and some need a "fall/spring" adj.JAO.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Just capo the first fret and fret each string on the last fret. if they clear the other frets, you're probably good. If they hit, try loosening the rod 1/4 turn at a time.
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

there are a lot of tutorials here that may help you in your quest: www.projectguitar.com

[/ QUOTE ]

wow great link thanx Zerb !

Comment

Try using the "Search" feature on this forum, too. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.Every post helps.

Comment

I suggest leaving it up to the pros ,however you've gotta learn sometime and you can't be scared or the techs will always charge a lot for something you might be able to do yourself first,Try it George. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X