Bass recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass recommendations

Looking to get back into Bass playing, mainly just for noodling around and possibly recording/filing in as a backup for the band, etc. I used to have a Warwick Corvette Standard4, but sold it. Couldn't justify having an expensive bass that doesn't get played much. Anyway, I'm looking for something affordable, but the thing is, I don't want dot inlays. I hate dot inlays except on certain guitars (strats/teles/acoustics). I'm thinking maybe a Geddy Lee sig. Fender Jazz Bass or maybe if Spector has a model with no inlays?

Thanks

Re: Bass recommendations

I would recomend a Concert Bass from Jackson... it has Sharkfin inlays and is less than 700 for a very solid bass...There is a green one in Baton Rouge LA at Fat Katz Music and Greg will deal with you...
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

LOOK FOR A MODEL 3B ON EBAY. USUALLY YOU CAN GET ONE FOR UNDER 350 AND THEY ARE KILLER BASSES!
      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

The Geddy Lee sig bass is really a great bang for the buck. It's as good as any other Jazz bass out there. I own a Marcus Miller one - and it's made in Japan like the Geddy. It was the only brand new bass I got that was actually correctly set up from the factory.

Comment

I just picked up a Dean Edge Pro 5 string neck thru. EMG-hz's. Very nice playing & sounding. It has a "D" inlay at the 12th fret.
          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

i have a Hartke WK5 street rod 5 string in trans black quilt(kinda purple hue to it) with matching headstock, that other than a couple of finger scuffs by the lowest string (that im sure could be buffed out) is like new and collecting dust. it still has the plastic on the rear control cavity covers and the orig. strings too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. it has a very thin neck for a bass( it feels like my 7 string deathwarrrior ) it has active pups with 2 band active eq(they are the same size as EMG 707's) 24 frets NO fret markers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], 3pc malpe neck( the middle stripe is flamed maple) rosewood fretboard. if my usb cable(or port [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] ) would work id get some fresh pics up but here is an old one for ya

HERE is an old ad at ZZounds.
            MOSH ON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I'd go with the Geddy Lee. They're really nice and not too much money. Also some of the Mexi Fenders are nice too. You would just need to play a few and find a good one. They are pretty good, but not consistant from one to another.

Comment

This bass keeps coming up on eBay. It used to be mine. No dot inlays there! Good deal at the price, but you may want to give him a lower backdoor offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Also, I will be selling a killer looking (imo) MIJ Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass. Not the ho-hum looking ones that they import into the US, but the ones that they keep in Japan for the local market. It has dot inlays but the bass is Jazz shaped with carved top.

Finally, I have that Modulus in the classifieds that has a no-inlay maple board.

Apologies for schlepping my gear. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

my favorite bass in the world is a G & L 2000..they make a "tribute" version now...that is pretty nice..but the originals were better..

my second choice is a Ken Smith Burner bolt on..
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X