Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone own a Floyd Rose Pro and a ruler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone own a Floyd Rose Pro and a ruler?

Does anyone out there own a Floyd Rose Pro? I need to know the post spacing to find out if it's interchangeable with a JT580LP...I know the string spacing between a Floyd Rose Pro and an OFR is different by about 0.5mm so I'm curious to know if the post spacing is the same...If not I'll have to go with an OFR but I'd really prefer the low profile design...

Related note, for anyone interested, I measured my JT580LP and the post spacing is 74.3mm just like an OFR and a Schaller and the route is more than big enough to accomodate either trem.

Re: Does anyone own a Floyd Rose Pro and a ruler?

According to Floyd Rose, the post spacing for both the OFR and Pro is 2.91"/73.91mm.

http://www.floydrose.com/instructions.html
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

According to the templates I have, the OFR and OFR Pro both have a spacing of 2.91".
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Doh! Guess I should've read jacksonfan's post a lil' better. His link is where I downloaded my templates from.
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Awesome thanks guys....So theoretically, if an OFR is a direct drop in for a JT580LP, the Floyd Rose Pro should be as well correct? I got my 74.3mm which is like 2.925" from Warmoth's PDF diagrams and the most accurate I could measure my JT580LP to was 74mm-ish but I know people have swapped them out for OFRs so I assumed that it must have been the same as what Warmoth gave...

Comment

74mm=7.4cm
            2.54cm=1"

7.4/2.54=2.913

I don't know if this is an option for you, but maybe go to the 74mm part of the ruler, then add a guitar pick in the size of .30mm or something like that. Or maybe a feeler gauge (don't know if those are readily available to you).

Comment

Working...
            X