JT-6 studs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT-6 studs?

Say I were to yank a JT-6 in favor of a Schaller or OFR bridge and removed the studs as well. Are the inserts/studs of a standard size that I could get others to screw right in? Or would I need to keep the JT-6 studs to go with the inserts still in the body?

Re: JT-6 studs?

Keep the studs in...the inserts are much larger than standard (or import) Floyd bushings, and will work fine with an OFR or Schaller..... you lose about 1° of down-push, but other than that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm, is there somewhere I could get replacement studs?

Comment

Good question, can you get replacement studs? Or, can you get Floyd studfs somewhere that will fit? I have a guitar with the JT-6 and the heads are stripped on the inside, so adjusting it is a massive pain in the ass. Does anyone know if there are easy replacements available? StewMac doesn't have them, and I didn't se anything on Floydrose.com other than entire kits.

thanks,

jim
        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

<font color="aqua">jim, if you have a dremel tool and a steady hand, you can cut slots into the tops of the studs to fit a regular screwdriver with the little abrasive "cutoff" wheels [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] It won't look great but it works! </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Well, I have a dremel and beer, so I suppose I could "acquire" a steady hand ;-) I'll give it a try. I wonder if Ibanez studs would fit, because I know where I can buy locking Ibanez Edge studs...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Well, I have a dremel and beer, so I suppose I could "acquire" a steady hand ;-) I'll give it a try. I wonder if Ibanez studs would fit, because I know where I can buy locking Ibanez Edge studs...

[/ QUOTE ]
              Tried it...Nope, it Looks to me after years of searching that there is nothing that´s gonna retrofit without woodworking [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

So, when guys replace their JT-6's with OFR's, they're leaving the original studs in place? That makes sense, it's just not that convenient [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

If you reaaaaaaally want OFR studs you could dowel the post holes and redrill. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I bought a body in which the studs and bushings were not included. It sucks not being able to find these.

Comment

I was told by Kevin Easton that Schaller had some over sized studs that would fit. I never looked into it though.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                      X