Term I'm unfamiliar with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term I'm unfamiliar with...

There is a term that a lot of people on this board use that I am not familiar with. I hear a lot of people use it, but I've never run across it in my experience. The term is "too loud". As much as people explain it to me, I just can't get a feel for it.

Re: Term I\'m unfamiliar with...

Maybe you can't hear them? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't hear it, but I could certainly see it on some of those neon '80s guitars... too loud! Arrrrgh, my eyes! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Words to live by:

"If it´s Too Loud, You´re Too Old"

Who can name the movie? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Decline Of Western Civilization - The Metal Years.

Too loud depends on what's being amplified. Audible shit is too loud, for example.
          If it's good, it should be loud. If it's not good, it should only be imagined [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

'too loud' keeps changing for me. I was stoking up our Hiwatt Custom 100 DR103 in the lounge room one day with my old man, its a brutal amp, way louder then anything else I've touched so far. It was obviously overkill in an average sized loungeroom and as we neared the last few digits of the master volume I was actually hurting. I thought 'this is getting to loud'. So we topped it off and I blasted a sabbath riff and felt like fucking god himself. Now its gonna be atleast two of these babies to create another 'too loud' to blow past [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Too loud only applies to other instruments. That's when another member of the band can be heard over your halfstack.

Comment

I believe the saying goes...
                "If it's too loud, you're not too old....you're just too dumb to turn it down."
                [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I believe the saying goes...
                  "If it's too loud, you're not too old....you're just too dumb to turn it down."
                  [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Sounds like Lemmy [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

it's too loud for me if i hear a beginning drummer, or when i go to guitar ibvnfdi, guitar biergifj, my keyboard won't type it so let's just call it G.C., and there are people just hacking songs to ribbons. it can be too loud for me.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The last 3 times I went to see Biohazard they sounded like absolute shit because they were too loud. I couldn't even recognize some of the songs they were playing that I've been listening to since 1991.

Comment

When your eardrums cease to interpret the music and it all becomes a huge mass of distortion....it's too fukking loud. There's definitely a compromise between LOUD and CLEAR! When a band has sound engineers and equipment capable of finding that happy medium, I'm happy. Otherwise, it's just noise.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Words to live by:

"If it´s Too Loud, You´re Too Old"

Who can name the movie? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Airheads! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I just watched it yesterday, a true classic!!

Comment

What?

Comment

What'd ya say? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X