Trem Spaced? F-Spaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem Spaced? F-Spaced?

Can anyone honestly say they hear in difference in trem-spaced pups vs. non trem-spaced pups?

The reason I ask is that I would like a Bridge Custom Custom in green but from what I gather, trem-spaced pick-ups only come in the standard (black/white/creme-styles)

Also, what is F-Spacing (Fender Spacing) in the Dimarzio world?

I have floyds on all of my guitars if that helps...

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Trem Spaced? F-Spaced?

F-spacing is DiMarzio's name for their "wide" pickup spacing, while trem-spacing is Seymour Duncan's name for the same thing. Your Floyded guitars will have either F-spaced DiMarzio bridge pickups or trem-spaced Duncan bridge pickups. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

You'll be fine with a standard spaced pickup with a Floyd Rose.

Comment

I've been using a standard spaced Distortion in my 650xl for over 10 years and it rips. I've also used trembuckers and I can't tell a difference at all. If you don't care about the cosmetics of the pole pieces lining up with the strings, save $10 and get a regular spaced humbuker.

Comment

I have a friend who swears he can hear a difference, but I sure can't. Neither can anybody else I know. Don't sweat the alignment.

Comment

Really depends on how much gain/distortion you use,with a heavy sound there is no audible difference at all imo!!

& IIRC,Dimarzio offers all of their pickups in colors,F-spaced or not no??!!

Comment

DiMarzio offers pickups in more colors than they should, IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, really!
                Hey, on the trem-spaced/f-spaced topic...

The way I understand the construction differences, is that Dimarzio came up with the wider polepeices first, calling it F-Spacing. It's the same bobbin dimensions, but with wider spaced pole peices.
                Seymour of course can't do the same thing, so the Duncan pickups are entirely wider; the whole bobbin is wider along with the wider spaced poles.

Is this true, or are the DiMarzios wider in the bobbin as well?
                Cause that's another reason to be wary of Duncan Trem-spaced pickups...the ring or pickguard opening may not be wide enough for the pickup.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  ...Cause that's another reason to be wary of Duncan Trem-spaced pickups...the ring or pickguard opening may not be wide enough for the pickup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pickup bought new should come with a matching ring...

But pickguards can be a problem that´s true....but ut´s usually nothing major and can be remedied in under a minute with a file [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    ...Cause that's another reason to be wary of Duncan Trem-spaced pickups...the ring or pickguard opening may not be wide enough for the pickup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pickup bought new should come with a matching ring...

But pickguards can be a problem that´s true....but ut´s usually nothing major and can be remedied in under a minute with a file [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Really. I've never bought a new pick up that came with a new ring at all. I've had to get mine the old fashioned way - Buy 'em [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Comment

Im pretty sure Duncan Trembuckers and 7-string pups come with one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But come to think of it, I think the others don´t....

Comment

Working...
                      X