Question about EMGs at 18 volts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about EMGs at 18 volts

After reading the posts about running EMGs at 18 volts, I've decided to do it. Now my question:

Let's suppose that the planets align wrong or something and I don't like the sound at 18 volts and I want to run them at 9 volts again (or...I just want to save batteries or whatever), can I "short" the additional battery clip and go back to 9 volts (single battery) without having to physically remove the second clip? Also, is there something made for doing that? That is, something that plugs into a battery clip to close the circuit so it can be bypassed?

I wouldn't want to have to desolder the new clip just to go back.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: Question about EMGs at 18 volts

You should be able to wire up a toggle switch to select between the two wiring options for direct comparison.
    Maybe.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      After reading the posts about running EMGs at 18 volts, I've decided to do it. Now my question:

Let's suppose that the planets align wrong or something and I don't like the sound at 18 volts and I want to run them at 9 volts again (or...I just want to save batteries or whatever), can I "short" the additional battery clip and go back to 9 volts (single battery) without having to physically remove the second clip? Also, is there something made for doing that? That is, something that plugs into a battery clip to close the circuit so it can be bypassed?

I wouldn't want to have to desolder the new clip just to go back.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could but it would probably be a bigger hassle than just cutting the wire and resoldering which takes about 1 min.

Comment

Hmmm.... I just had a brainstorm. I could buy a third battery clip and solder its leads together. Then if I wanted to run at 9 volts again, I could remove one battery and snap this modified clip in its place.

Would this work?

Comment

Yes.
          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Yes

Comment

Thanks, guys. When I get ready to do it, I'll get two additional clips instead of one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Hmmm.... I just had a brainstorm. I could buy a third battery clip and solder its leads together. Then if I wanted to run at 9 volts again, I could remove one battery and snap this modified clip in its place.

Would this work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy shit, that's a good idea!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

Would this work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy shit, that's a good idea!

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, works like a charm....it´s a super easy mod this way (Although IMO it´s not exactly rocket science the usual way, either [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X