Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different NON-Trems / sound?

hello,

I guess there are three common non-trem typs. String thru, ToM and the Kahler fixed brigde.

I only have a black KV1 with Kahler. To me it sounds soft, highs seem to come real smooth.

Re: different NON-Trems / sound?

I've always loved the brass bridges,string-thru or V trems,great tone,lots of low-end without getting muddy,full mids & not too trebly highs!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I've always loved the brass bridges,string-thru or V trems,great tone,lots of low-end without getting muddy,full mids & not too trebly highs!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Errrr, Chuck, ummmm, you're old now and your hearings shot [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

This from memory [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<----runs and hides from the Splatterpuss </font>

Comment

Personal experience!!You got any??LOL!!

Comment

<font color="yellow">A little experience...but unlike you, I don't remember "parlor guitars" when they were sold out of the back of wagons [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Pre-pro parlour guitars!!

Didn't you start on Ibenhads??!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Didn't you start on Ibenhads??!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Oh...I see how it is....that was low [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hmmmmmmm......what was that Ronnie J Splatterpuss [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Well I only know TOM from a Les Paul which had more and "harder" highs than my KV. But what about the Kahler fixed one. Some say Kahler sucks tone...? I remember one hear changed his Kahler to a TOM. Would be interested in his experience.

Comment

I have heard if you take the cardboard "gasket" out from between the Kahler and the body, and attach directly to the body, you get more sustain and better sound, I haven't tried it yet on mine.
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Well but I did it! I think it is really better for the sound. I think I hear all the metal of the Kahler, for me it sound like a church bell. And string action aint no real problem for me. try it

Comment

Working...
                    X