Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want a free $1400.00 Warmoth guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want a free $1400.00 Warmoth guitar?

I tell ya, I`m so pissed , I can`t see straight. 2 months ago I bought a warmoth parts guitar and it`s been nothing but a nightmare. First off, The neck and the body alone were $800.00 and with the hardware, floyd, EMGs and etc, I probably have between $ 1300 - $ 1400 in her and Im ready to give the damn thing away. Problem....Fret Buzz...HORRIBLE fret buzz on the high E and B string at the 11th fret and frets 17 through 22 on the B string. Now, Ive taken this piece of S%^T to the best guitar tech in Pittsburgh, and he says its the damndest thing hes ever seen. The frets are perfectly leveled and dressed, floyd set up perfectly and every other damn thing and the end result...Fret buzz on the 11th fret on the high E and B plus, buzz on frets 17 through 22 on the B.Now mind you, rest of the neck is PERFECT even at 1/16 of an inch or even a little lower. But I have to have the action set to between 1/8 & 3/16 of an inch for there NOT to be any fret buzz. YES...almost 3/16 of an inch, and as you can imagine..Its not to fun or comfortable to play. Hell , the way my guitar is strung reminds me of a cello. Sully, has tried to help me in every way, but STILL, this problem seems to be un -fixable. The stress of all this has made me wanna pull my hair out. Im almost startin to think, I would have been better off lighting that money on fire. Any Thoughts? BIG TIME THANKS.

Re: Anyone want a free $1400.00 Warmoth guitar?

Just what I thought. lol.

Comment

Call Warmoth and tell them to go fuck themselves. With a rubberhose. Put in your mouth or down your throat.

Comment

Warmoth`s policy is...once you drill one hole....whether it be for the string tree...or the back of the tuners...its out of their hands. It`s a god damn shame.

Comment

You can send it to me, and If I get the problem fixed I´ll send her back...but that´s about all I can offer... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

You don't make mention of whether it is a strat or a ?.
            I'd pull the neck and put another on it. You can buy used warmoth parts for 200 or less, usually in complete guitars. If you have another neck, try it..see if the problem goes away.

Comment

Have you tried new strings?
              What string gauge are you using?

And are you sure this is not buzzing from the Floyd? Does the buzzing stop if you touch a particular part of the bridge (fine tuners, press down gently on the saddles, etc)?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It is a strat. mahoghany body, w/ brazilian lacewood top, the sickest flame maple wizard neck,w/ stainless steel frets, reversed fender CBS headstock,spurzel locking tuners Original Floyd from an 84 Kramer Pacer, 3 EMG single coils, vintage, aged, strat volume/tone knobs.She`s gorgeous, too
                bad she doesnt play worth a shit.

Comment

I tried 9s and 10s Bro, and it doesnt seem to matter. The buzz isnt coming from the floyd at all. The tech I took it too said there are rare occasions when a neck has problems at the 11th and 12th fret, sometimes its unfixable. He explained the "science" of his explanantion, but Im no science major. Guys, I sincerely appreciate all the advice, coz this has just been a f***ed up experience and a costly one. Thank You ALL.

Comment

I wonder if your fretboard is leveled proper not just the frets. Probably be cheaper to replace the neck than relevel it. Sounds like it could be a slight backbow or a twist in that part of the neck as well. In that register, from what I've read, the problem cannot be taken out with a truss rod tweak. There was a guy on eBay a few months ago who was selling his refret neck services including the worst case senarios like this for 175.00-but for that, I would just replace the neck.

Comment

Hard to tell. Im probably just gonna put it on ebay and cut my losses. Thanks.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Hard to tell. Im probably just gonna put it on ebay and cut my losses. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, I never play high E or B at the 11th fret or frets 17 through 22 on the B string anyway, pull the hardware you can use or sell off and I'll pay shipping on the neck and body.

Keith
                        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Its on there now if you would like to see it.

Comment

Did ya take it to Fred Kowalo??...Fred can fix anything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you're in Pittsburgh, You're more than likely in PA. There is a guitar tech in State College PA (About 2.5-3 hours from Pitts), I'm certain he could help you. Mark Chaplain.

Comment

Working...
                              X