I want a King V, help me out please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a King V, help me out please!

I wanted a KV for a long time and I think this summer I will have the money to buy it. I am not too overly comfortable with all the Jackson models. Basically what I want is a neck-thru King V without Floyd. Dots and blocks are ok, sharkfins preferable. Binding is not a dealbreaker, but I would rather have a bound neck and headstock. Ebony preferable, but I like rosewood also. I hate Floyds with passion. Kahler Pro, APM 3300 and string-thru are all good, Kahler preferable. I want Alder or Korina. I prefer to buy used because I like the used but not abused feel a lot better than new.

What models should I look into?

Also a Y2KV question. What is a good price for one? There is one on sale locally and I want to make an offer.

Thanks for all your help!

Re: I want a King V, help me out please!

I don't think You should leave poplar out on body wood options. Almost all 80s custom KVs are poplar and they are killer players! BTW we feel the same way about Floyds. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Check with the JCF dealers, especially Scott(VWallguitars) and Matt(Matt's Music)They will take great care of you!(Click the dealers link at the top of the page). There's a NICE KORINA KV2T at Matt's Music. Or if you don't mind an import you could look for KV Pro.

http://www.mattsmusic.com/jacksoninventory.htm
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Ok add the poplar in there too. As long as it is a solid color, I don't think poplar is that bad anyways, it is this greenish color that makes it despisable for me, but yes I was stupid to leave it out.

Concerning the Floyd, I am ready to get flamed but I hate it. Kahler is a much better trem for me. Tighter feel on the strings, much more comfortable to palm-mute without going off tune, less rubber band behavior(meaning better bends for me), less routing, bigger range in fine tuners and its tuning stability is just as good. What more can I ask?

Comment

I am not interested in newer imports, but older ones I am definitely into.

Also new guitars are pretty much out of question for me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            BTW we feel the same way about Floyds. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

"We"!? YOU feel that way, not me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I know how to work them [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I know how to work them [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              Strangely, that is always the way I felt about people who can't keep Kahlers in tune.

I think he meant me and him in we anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I can keep a Kahler in tune, and in fact do like Kahlers for their ability to simulate slide playing much easier than Floyds can. I just don't like them beyond that - too many "moving parts" for me.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I currently have gtrs with Kahlers, FRs and TOMs and can live with them all. I just prefer TOMs. The JT-590 on my 89 Star is making me mad at the moment though. I need new saddle swrews for it soon.
                  My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

KV2T has would be the way to go.
                    Or if you like fixed Kahler like Mustaine's KVs,
                    KV1 would be cool too.
                    My Custom Shop KV rocks hard and I want another one with TOM.
                    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

How much is a good price for a Mustaine KV with fixed Kahler?

What about a Y2KV? How much should I offer for that?

Comment

Yea, keep me out of the "we" part of the floyd discussion as well! I happen to like having ALL my Jacksons with them! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

What, no EMGs mentioned? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Import KV pro Mustaine model, I have seen from $600-1000 and sometimes even more.
                            U.S.A. KV1 usually sells for $1000 and up.
                            Depends on condition and colors(Natural is Korina body and neck, they usually sell for much more).

Y2KV, I see one on E-bay, and I have seen 2-3 others all in Black Pearl and they sold around $1000-1200.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I will go for a KV-1 and get it fitted with a Kahler Pro instead of 3300.

Comment

Working...
                              X