Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

curious if i should try fixing a high fret.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curious if i should try fixing a high fret.....

Ive got my guitar here, and theres ONE major bad spot on the neck. Not major but when i hit the note on the low e string on the 7th fret, it just DIES. Hit the 8th fret and thigns are fine. I ran a rocker and yes there is a slight movement. Anyhow, ive never done any fret work before, and i dont wanna mess with the radius or ruin up a perfectly mint and new guitar.

IS there something I should try, or should I take it in and spend the 40$ to fix it.

Re: curious if i should try fixing a high fret....

If in doubt, take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Comment

sorry for reviving a very old thread... I have the same problem but on a different note. My 12th fret B string note just dies prematurely turning into a pinched harmonic. 11th fret, 13th fret are fine. I think even the 24th on B string dies. fretted open, its fine. Any tips? What is that "ran a rocker" ?
      Sam

Comment

Maybe he meant that he laid a straight edge across that area and it rocked on that one fret showing that it was indeed high.

Comment

same problem here...

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          sorry for reviving a very old thread... I have the same problem but on a different note. My 12th fret B string note just dies prematurely turning into a pinched harmonic. 11th fret, 13th fret are fine. I think even the 24th on B string dies. fretted open, its fine. Any tips? What is that "ran a rocker" ?
          My Model 2 has the same type of issue. Mine will fret out on the B string when I bend a whole note on the 10th fret, so it's hitting the 12th. But there is no other big issues anywhere around it on the fretboard. Any suggestions to remedy this?
          E = Fb

Comment

Souds like a high fret just level and recrown.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

well, I know for sure, I cant do that by myself. So, I just use a compressor/sustainer to boost the sustain. I still have warranty on the guitar so if it bothers me too much, I might just get it fixed by Jackson.
              Sam

Comment

Working...
              X