Morley Bad Horsie Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morley Bad Horsie Problem

My pedal has been acting up. It doesnt sound right like it has lost its range. You can still hear the affect but its is more like off and on not a full sweep. I changed power supplies and opened it up and blew out the readers with compressed air. Any ideas?
    Just one more guitar!

Re: Morley Bad Horsie Problem

Are the gears inside moving around the way they should? How is the Q control set?

A quick story on wah wah pedals. I opened up my Rogue wah once trying to figure out why it sounded so... crunchy. I kept it plugged into the apmlifier and everything turned on so that I could hear anything different. Well, I move this one wire and all of a sudden, I hear "la la la la la la bamba!" on the amplifier. My wah wah pedal picked up a Mexican radio station loud and clear. I was pretty pissed off and through the fucker away.

Comment

Actually there are no gears. There are two LEDs opposite there are a couple of what look like readers. Between the LEDs and the readers is where the pedal controls a thin material not plastic but something softer. I checked Morley’s website and the parts is called a shutter. I bought it only 3 years ago.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Wish I could help. I bought mine about 3 years ago also, and it works fine. I'd like to hear what you find out, just in case I ever need the info..

Comment

Do you know someone else with one of these wahs that you can compare with? It sounds to me as if the LEDs have become misaligned, or the shutter has been bent.

Comment

Maybe one of the LED's went bad. That is really unusual but it is also really unusual that a Morley goes bad at all. They are built like tanks.
            If you can't figure it out you can send it to me and I can have a go at it. I have been messin with Wahs forever.
            John G

Comment

Working...
            X