jackson RELIC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson RELIC?

was just looking at the dealer page & matts has a 2004NAMM RR 1982 RELIC....whats up with that. Jackson RELICS?

Re: jackson RELIC?

I'll beat up my own guitars, thank you. I don't see the need to have it done for me.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Quite amazing work they do... None of us could believe that the guitar was just completed a week prior to the show.

I never understood the concept behind 'relic-ing' (I can't remember the Jackson/Charvel term for it) but hey, it makes FMIC some tall $$$$.

BTW, the picture of the SRV strat from NAMM... That is not the real deal... That in itself was a Fender Custom Shop "Relic'd" guitar.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

The guitar was built as an exact replica of a 1982 Rhoads. This includes the type of fretwire used, and the neck, pickups and hardware all look and feel like they would on a guitar that was 22 years old. We also had Mike Shannon sign the back of the headstock. It's pretty wild looking.

Matt
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I played it at NAMM. It was very beat up looking. Not sure I would buy it but it had a nice old school feel to it.

Comment

I seriously like this guitar.....it has that mojo vibe to it (at least in the pics). I would have snagged it but I don't want to max out **all** my credit w/ Matt ;-)

Comment

ide buy a RR built to 82 specs. probably 3 piece neck no scarf, duncans brass parts? but not relic'd

Comment

I heard about it but I missed this one at NAMM!

Pics, anybody?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron; I got pictures of it, you can see them in the section where remcarr posted them for me. I have shots of the headstock featuring the old style Made In USA under the Jackson Logo, the small fretwire with binding over the ends, non-logod Duncans, etc... There's even a shot of the serial number [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  I like the idea of an old Rhoads but I agree with the rest of the JCFers, let us put our own chips in it please [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] i think this is one of Fender's ideas as they've been selling Relic Strats for a few years now. I never quite understood the pricing for a "beat new guitar" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Rudy

P.S. Most people who initially looked at that Relic Rhoads thought it was an old original till I pointed out the RR2887 (I belive) serial number which makes it a later Rhoads than my Mystic Rhoads custom shop [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] They sure fooled a lot of people.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

I also have high res pics avalable. If anyone wants to see them, just email me and I'll forward them to you.

Mat
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Matt, I would be interested in seeing them.

[email protected]

Comment

can someone post them in this thread?

Comment

Here's a pic of the Relic. If anyone wants additional info, just email me.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                          X