Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, Distortion problems w/ JE-1200 Preamp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Distortion problems w/ JE-1200 Preamp...

Hey Bros

I just dropped the JE-1200 I got from cobhc in my Fusion, and there´s a problem, I´ve checked the wiring 3x and used my Model 6 w/ working JE-1200 as a "model" on the third check.

The problem is tha the whole guitar now sounds like a fuzzbox....all of the controls work (at least as far as they can be tested in this scenario...mid boost sweeps mids, tone rolls off highs, volume controls level, switch changes between pups [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), but all that comes out is a farty-fuzzy sound....think of a tube amp when you´re playing and shut the standby to off, that´s about what it´s like...and the highs seem to be attenuated as well....

Any Ideas?? I don´t have any problem switching out resistors and chips, but I want to switch out the right ones, if [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Help, Distortion problems w/ JE-1200 Preamp...

Good News:

I managed to solve the problem, it was caused by a sloppy soldering job near the Op-amp, which semi-shorted out the signal...cleaned it up, and now my Fusion is going ballistic again [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X