Source for single Sperzels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for single Sperzels?

Does anyone know where I can buy a single Sperzel locking tuner? I had one die on me this weekend, and I need to replace it. I had to canibalize one of my other guitars just to get through the weekend [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance...
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Re: Source for single Sperzels?

Have you tried calling Spertzel to see if they sell direct? I know they have prices listed on their page.

I'll talk to my buddy Will from Kilfast, who now builds guitars, and see if he is able to just get one.

Comment

Cool thanks!

Comment

Try Carvin. I got a single one from them for my old DC400 when the locking pin in the high E tuner seized up and I couldn't get a new string in. I bought the guitar off ebay, but Carvin wound up transferring the warranty over to me for it and gave me the tuner for free. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I also found this:

http://www.tkinstruments.com

Has anyone dealt with them?

Comment

Wow, they have non-satin chrome, gold, and black now? I'd like to know, too, if anyone has had luck with this company, because I want to order a bunch of tuners now.

I guess you don't play in drop-D very much, because you could just pick up there D-thing and kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

I've been to that site before and have actually heard great things from some guys on the Carvin board. Though, their site mentions about a $50 order minimum... not sure if they'd sell one tuner by itself.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Wow, they have non-satin chrome, gold, and black now? I'd like to know, too, if anyone has had luck with this company, because I want to order a bunch of tuners now.

I guess you don't play in drop-D very much, because you could just pick up there D-thing and kill two birds with one stone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do... and I'm thinking about it. The d-thing by itself it quite pricey, but since I've got to replace one tuner anyway....

Comment

I have one black one if it will help......

Comment

Thanks... but it's a gold one that died... it was rough from the day I gout the guitar from Jackson, but it finally died - the threads are cross-threaded.

Comment

Not sure if these guys will do individual tuners, but they were great to deal with for full sets. Decent prices, quick shipping, good communication. They have a real store, too. So, if you e-mail them, they might do things outside of their standard Ebay auctions.

QuickConnect

I bought a set of (shiny) gold and chrome each to replace the ugly stain-finish originals I had on two guitars. A great enhancement to appearance, IMHO.

P.S.- For the wacky types, note that Sperzels now offers some wild colors. Red, blue, purple, green! It's like the 80s colored Kahler stuff has come back in style. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

sperzels # is 216-281-6868 ask for roger, he is the tech parts guy..they will sell oyu a single tuner....tell him I say hi...

Comment

Working...
                        X