gibsons 500T ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gibsons 500T ?

for slayer type stuff and without having to go EMG is the 500t the best bet?
    does this pup have ommphh! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Re: gibsons 500T ?

I'd say so. I have one in my ESP Mirage Custom, and I find the 500T comparable to the Duncan Distortion. Very juicy and high output, but not insanely so--about like the EMG81 that way.

Comment

Its the hottest pickup Gibson makes. Absolutely...

Comment

I thought the Dirty Fingers was the hottest Gibson pickup now? Either way, the 500T is definately a hot pickup

Comment

You want a DiMarzio X2N. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I thought the Dirty Fingers was the hottest Gibson pickup now? Either way, the 500T is definately a hot pickup

[/ QUOTE ]

The Dirty Fingers Humbucker is more like a cross between a PAF Pro and Super Distortion. The 500T is much hotter. The 498T is hotter too.

Comment

I have a 4 conductor 500T in my LP. Wired it with a push/pull pot to coil split. Even on one coil, this thing it still red hot.

Comment

I have one in my Gibson Explorer, and my Explorer is the best sounding guitar I have. I plug it into a few different amps on any given week and I still get a great tone out of it. Plus it's hot as hell, harmonics just fly outta that damn thing [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img], but not to an excess where it's uncontrollable

Comment

the 500T is a great pup. if i had one in an axe, i'd leave it.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Super hot, super clear, tons of harmonics and it sounds fantastic clean. What more can you ask for.

Comment

i have 500t's in my Gibson V and my Explorer and they are great pickups. I also picked one up off ebay that i plan to put in something eventually. I got hooked on them when i had my gibson les paul classic, that was the best damn guitar i ever had, i should have never sold it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] But I think if i put this 500T in one of my other gibsons it will become just as great.

Comment

Working...
                      X