3-way push/pull pot?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-way push/pull pot?!?

Maybe a dumb question, but is there a such thing as a 3-way push/pull pot? I know the ESP/LTD George Lynch models have a push/pull for pickup selection (when down, the bridge humbucker is on; when up, the single coil neck pup is on), but they can't be on together at the same time. Is there a version that can be pulled up for both on together and then pulled up again for neck pup only? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I thought someone told me about this one time, but I'm not sure.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: 3-way push/pull pot?!?

And they were smoking what? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I never seen a 3-stage push/pull, and given the length it'd hafta be, I don't think I wanna see it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

You could also try a dual-stacked blend pot (which eliminates the phase problem) with a center detent so you know where the middle is. Only problem there is you don't have a volume control.

You could also try a concentric pot with both wired for Volume.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      And they were smoking what? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I never seen a 3-stage push/pull, and given the length it'd hafta be, I don't think I wanna see it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The concentric with both wired for volume is a great idea, though! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never heard of such a beast. You could use a rotary switch (like on a PRS) for more pickup switching options, however.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          You could use a rotary switch (like on a PRS) for more pickup switching options, however.

[/ QUOTE ]
          That's a great idea, too. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X