Polka dots and checkers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polka dots and checkers?

Do any of you more knowledgeable folks have any tips for doing a polka dot paintjob? I'm sure that they use some kind of masking available in large sheets, but as of yet I have been unable to find that stuff. I've done sucessful checkerboard paintjobs before, but that required literally cuting 1 inch squares of masking tape, and putting them on by hand. I don't wanna have to do the same thing with little tiny circles! Anyone have any suggestions? (or know where I can find the masking sheets?)

Re: Polka dots and checkers?

How about those circular stickers people use for prices at garage sales?
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

<font color="aqua">that's a great idea that Scott has and here is the "sheet" form of masking (and yes, that's the real name of it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]):

Sticky Mickey's Automotive Masking Tape </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Might hafta get me some of that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Might hafta get me some of that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">great......what have I done..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

there's a guy on the rr board who had low tack polka dot sheets cut from a vynl sign shop. it looked like swiss cheese, and would be a good mask, for sure. lotsa light coats, and you're good to go.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for the advice folks. Off to buy a roll of that masking material and call the local sign shop... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't worry Dave, I'll assign you full blame [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Seriously, I won't do nothin too cheesy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X