has anyone here tried the EMG H4 pup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone here tried the EMG H4 pup?

is this anything like the 81 like EMG says?

EMG-H4

The H4 is the equivalent of EMG's 81 Active Pickup without the "Active". It uses two bar-loaded coils for that "Balls to the Walls" tone. The EMG-H4 pickup has become the bridge pickup of choice for the ESP Guitar Company. All HZ Pickups have EMG's exclusive 5-wire quik-connect output allowing any number of wiring combinations, and are fully shielded for a minimum of noise. String grounding is recommended to further decrease noise.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Re: has anyone here tried the EMG H4 pup?

More like "Fart out the Ass" tone. I've played several friends LTD's, and they've all sounded horrible with those pickups. Replace them with something else, and the guitar sounds fine.

The H4 is a cold, sterile, muffled sounding pickup. They're good for paperweights and not much else.

Comment

^^^
      I dont know about that! I have them in my Zakk Wylde Epi (stock)and they dont sound THAT bad. No, there not as good as an '81 active EMG but ALOT better than the Duncan Designed or the CVR2 that Jackson puts in there lower end models.......... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I would play the Duncan Designed Distortion in my Roswell any day of the week over an H4.

Comment

Alexi Laiho of COB doesnt seem to mind them, and he could use any pup thats out there........... [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

and his tone aint cold and sterile

Comment

he also uses the je-1000 Gainboost and doesn't use that much distortion anymore

Comment

true, but the je-1000 doesn't change the tone that much, at least it doesn't change the tone of my j50bc much

Comment

Working...
                X