Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help wiring PRS

hey all

A friend of mine asked to to rewire his prs with the Mark Tremonti treble pickups ( I didn't even know this fuggin guy had sig pus)> i took a look at the pus and notice that two extra wires and a shield cover (i think)...heres a a crappy shot of it

It shoould be pretty easy...but I can't find the wiring diagram anywhere. I planned on doing this tonight so if you guys can shoot me a quick answer I'd really appreciate it..

-thanks again

Re: Need help wiring PRS

Whoops...

forgot to mention that its a 1 vol 1 tone 3 way switch setup. It's wired les paul style but i'd only be messing with the vol/tone right?

Comment

Most likely you'd wire the pickups to the knobs directly as they are wired to the switch (if it's 2V 2T and the switch on the top bout like an LP).

Not sure of PRS's wiring scheme, but if that picture is how it came wired from the factory, I'd guess the white was the lead and the black and bare go to ground, with the black and white reversable for phase inversion.
      The pink and green wired together should be coil taps.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The pink and green wired together should be coil taps.

[/ QUOTE ]

...those were the only two I couldn't figure [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I Wired it last night and after playing with the guitar for about 1/2 an hour, i came to the conclusion that the tremonti's rhythm tone was... [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] MuDDy as Hell. Compared to my SD Distortion in my fender strat, the tremonti definitely lacked definition in the rhythm tone. On the other hand, i played a couple of lead riffs and they sounded really nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]... nice and thick sounding and it cut through really nice over some rhythm tracks a layed down on my 4-track/banger....So... yeah...that's my crappy review...thanks again NEWC!

Comment

Working...
        X