Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess who's nuts I'm holding...

Dave Grohl's!

That's right, I am duplicating a plastic nut for Dave in bone for one of his Les Pauls. The ole' food fighters hired my boss on as a tech at their new studio after hours, and now they want me to make them a nut. Hopefully if I do well this can be a real nice bump for my career! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go handle some nuts!!(and you would too if the price was right).

Re: Guess whose nuts I\'m holding...

That guy's nuts... grab 'em. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Remembering a prior picture posted here, I won't ask you what part of your anatomy his nuts are being held WITH. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Is it his old black Les Paul Custom? I love the way bone nuts sound as opposed to plastic.

Comment

No, it's for another guitar that ws originaly left-handed, he wants me to make a new nut so it can be played the right way.

Comment

Why don't you just flip the old nut? It will make your job a lot easier. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

Did Dave specify he wanted bone? If not, I agree with Fong, flip it.
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

no, b/c then, the nut would be facing the wrong way. it's got a rounded back to it, so if you flipped it, it'd be pretty darn obvious.
                besides, i'm sure ace can do that in his sleep.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sorry, meant to say turn the nut. That would keep the round back in place. Only if Dave didn't specify he wanted bone.
                  MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    no, b/c then, the nut would be facing the wrong way. it's got a rounded back to it, so if you flipped it, it'd be pretty darn obvious.
                    besides, i'm sure ace can do that in his sleep.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, your intonation would be quite messed up with the high point of the nut being closer to the tuning keys.

I'm going to cut a bone nut the for my R0 as well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      No, it's for another guitar that ws originaly left-handed, he wants me to make a new nut so it can be played the right way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cobain's old guitar? hmmmmmmm....... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

You can't just turn or flip the nut. As Sully said, one side is rounded.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cobain's old guitar? hmmmmmmm....... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thought but Kurt was a Fender man all the way. I never once saw him with a Paul. Not to say he didn't have one @ home....good call though
                          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Grab them nuts and hold onto them for dear life! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Cool I like the foo's. Great songwriter musician. Saw them live last time around- killer high energy show. Check out Probot its badass, lemmy, king diamond,and others a bunch of early metal guys with Dave on drums.

Comment

Working...
                              X