Model 6A update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6A update

<font color="aqua">Ok its been awhile since this has been done so I thought I'd show some recent pics of the fill job that Mark (mm2002) did.

Original thread: Budman's Neon PINK Model 6A !!!

I'm happy to say that it has not moved at all! The evercoat filler and Marks application seems to work very well. Now I have to admit, it's not like I'm carting it all around with me and it's not subjected to extreme temps either, but I'm very happy with the results. Thanks again Mark, you're the man! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Here are some pics too, take note of how weird the paint looks on the full shots of the body, it's like the overcast day had a strange reaction with the neon pink paint. As you can see, the closeups are the actual color of the paint.

</font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: Model 6A update

Very cool... if you're into that color, and only one pickup, and Kahlers. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] LOL Nice job! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for posting this Dave. Your guitar was the first I tried this method on. I think it's a go! Also something that should be noted, this is a base/clear system using House of Kolor neon base and the Dupont Nason high solids urethane clear. I have since found a clear that's a much better product to work with. I've also tried a new "color sanding" system from 3M that will put "wet-sanding" in the dark ages! I'll try to do a separate post on my new findings.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Great stuff Dave and Mark. It looks very smooth, and nonexistent (like it should). The color really varies on the full body shots versus the close ups..if I hadn't seen the original thread I would think it was a orange/pink...
        [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You guys are my heros. Seriously.

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

That's a very cool 6 you have there, Dave. I've always thought so.

Comment

wow, that's holding up great!
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Holy sheeeeot! That looks awesome guy's. Dave you did a great job on that fretboard. And Mark I may need to send you a PM about some finish stuff. But you can blame Dave. He told me your the man for any finish job.
                We must!
                We must!
                We must increase the bust!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!
                The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I have since found a clear that's a much better product to work with. I've also tried a new "color sanding" system from 3M that will put "wet-sanding" in the dark ages! I'll try to do a separate post on my new findings.

[/ QUOTE ]

please lemme know about the clear that you've found, along with the color sanding 3m system. i'm running out to go get more clear in like, 5 minutes! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Man... Dave!!
                    Everytime I see this guitar I just want to dive right in! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                    The color and the finish are just spectacular- the whole freakin' thing RULES! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                    Mark does stellar work! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Emmy

Comment

Emmy, with your musical talent, Daves fabrication talent, and my painting talent we could go.............well....probably nowhere! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Never hurts to dream though!!!!
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Emmy, with your musical talent, Daves fabrication talent, and my painting talent we could go.............well....probably nowhere! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Never hurts to dream though!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe right, but you'd sound kick ass, be damn well made, and look like a million bucks!
                        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

<font color="aqua">

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua"> As always, thanks so much for the words guy and gals [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] , Mark did a great job and has come up with a great way to hide those cavities. No more trips to the dentist! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ( Iknow, that was weak, but it's friggin early... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

I would also love to know more about the new clear you'll be using too, Mark! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font> </font>
                          Dave ->

Comment

so you'd say this guitar would stand up to a thorough cavity search? hur hur hur [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              so you'd say this guitar would stand up to a thorough cavity search? hur hur hur [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I just clinched every muscle in my body after that one! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                              Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                              X