LED for Boss SD1 Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED for Boss SD1 Mod

I purchased a mod kit for my SD1 but I misplaced the LED that came with it. Exactly what is the LED going to do besides change the color of the power light? And if I do need one to complete the modification, where can I get another like it? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: LED for Boss SD1 Mod

if it's the one that replaces the regular 'power on' light, don't sweat it, it has no effect on the sound. You can go to radio shack and buy an assorted box of LEDs for under $3 - I bet one of those fits, it just may not be the groovy color. Mouser has a ton of LEDs on their website (www.mouser.com) but you might have a hard time finding the right part, they have a bazillion.

Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete.... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

A popular mod is getting a standard 5mm LED (its bigger) and redrilling the pedal to accept the new light. Then.. go to Radio shack and buy a 2v super brite LED and solder it in. Done. If you stay stock, make sure you get a clear lens. Diffused just isn't bright enough. IMHO of course.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          A popular mod is getting a standard 5mm LED (its bigger) and redrilling the pedal to accept the new light. Then.. go to Radio shack and buy a 2v super brite LED and solder it in. Done. If you stay stock, make sure you get a clear lens. Diffused just isn't bright enough. IMHO of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this do to the sound, though? If it doesn't influence the sound of the pedal I can live without the brighter light.

Comment

The LED does nothing for the sound. There is a Keeley mod that puts the LED (which is basically a diode) in the circuit adding more gain and the LED fluctuates to the pick attack. REALLY REALLY DUMB. Remember.. LED's are polarized. They will only work one way. Make sure you try the LED both ways before you solder it in. If you need one just let me know. I will throw a few different colors in the mail for you and you can have a ball! John G

Comment

Working...
            X