Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted a guitar, clear-coat help needed

Hello..
    On one of my project guitars, I had my friend strip and sand an older Anderson body. He has painted it white and another friend has taken it to paint some (hopefully) super cool Dan Lawrance-inspired skulls and skellies on it...
    Once it is finished, what should I use as the clear coat?
    Any brand names, application tips and how-tos would be greatly appreciated. (I am looking for a thick/shiny appearance.)

Thanks everyone,
    Dan

Re: Painted a guitar, clear-coat help needed

that all really depends on what type of paint your buddies used...you don't want to have a chemical reaction and waste whatever they did [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn, I checked-out your website. I gotta tell you, the Beck tune was just fantastic! Great tone, nice playing for sure!

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan! Very nice of you to say so, I appreciate it...
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Dan, ask you bud to make sur that it is the same base paint. I would even go so far as to have him paint on something else and do a test run. I would recomend an automotive clear coat if possible. Otherwise a polyurothane. Make sure you use very light coats to prevent running. It would be worth it to do lots of hand pollishing too! Oh, and you KNOW you have to posts pics now right?! Good luck, sounds cool.

Comment

Working...
          X