splits + humbuckers + crowded electronics cavity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• splits + humbuckers + crowded electronics cavity

My guitar has 3 individual switches instead of a blade. I was thinking of maybe get a 3 position toggle switch and use the mini toggles as splits! This way it'd enable me to get SCsized humbuckers in the neck and middle (I prefer SC sounds there).
    I was thinking of a Little Screamin' Deamon (a friend of mine has it in his strat and it's AMAZING. Sure Alder is brighter than basswood but with the midbooster is should compensate?) on the neck and a cool rails on the middle. How do you think they would sound split?
    The bridge pickup will be a Distorsion.
    So yeah... mhm... if you think of anything else... It's a model 4 and I will NOT get rid of the midbooster I love this thing. Maybe I could take off the tone control? I never use it... That'd make room for a toggle that will not be on the way of strumming and still be relatively well placed. I doubt there's room for a blade.

The reason why I don't want a push pull tone control for the split is that I like to keep the neck and middle pickups as single coils so they'd always be selected as SCs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Then I just have to select them. Easier than select and then pull (you have to admits push pulls are rather annoying to use)
Working...
X