Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strat neck replacement

Hello all,
    I have a Mexican made strat with a rosewood board set up with a locking nut for a floydrose, I would like to replace the neck with a maple on maple,but have never done a neck replacement,there plenty available from a company called mighty mite but they are not set up with a locking nut,could i use the one off the rosewood neck,is it a simple clamp drill and mount or does the neck have to have other modifications to it, are there any other factors i should know.Any help would be apreciated.......thanks

Re: strat neck replacement

is the locking nut actually the nut or after the nut itself?

if its after the nut you can just switch them and clamp it on or just get a mighty mite neck and usa an after the nut string lock.

chris

Comment

yes, it is the nut itself.

Comment

well that will need wither some routing (top mount) or some routing and drilling (for ones where the nut has bolts that go through the neck completely). both of theose tasks would need to be done pretty damn accurately.

an easier soloution would be to either use an after the nut string lock, wich is not always as good at keeping exact tuning during heavy floyd usage; or wait til you find a neck with the proper floyd rout on ebay or through someone else.

good luck
        chris [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Easier still is to order a Warmoth the way you want it.

Comment

yeah i didnt know if he was partial to the mighty mite or anything, but im sure theres one in the "gallery" or whatever they call that section now.

chris

Comment

sorry its the showcase now [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

Working...
                X