Kahler fulcrum replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler fulcrum replacement

Does anyone know if there is a trem unit that will drop in as a replacement for the kahler fulcrum trem as found on many older model 3's. Like will a fender usa trem or a cheap strat fulcrum style have the same post spacing? Im also seriously considering just using a 6 screw vintage trem too by just drilling the six holes. I figure that the pickguard will cover most of the post holes. I really want to use this body but finding one of those trems on the cheap is next to impossible.

Re: Kahler fulcrum replacement

Show us a pic of the trem, since there are several different Kahler fulcrum trems.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Show us a pic of the trem, since there are several different Kahler fulcrum trems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, easier said than done. Ive never had it. But supposedly it was like this?

Comment

You're talking about this one right?: completed auction

These usually go for a max around $40 or so. There are a couple on ebay with buy-it-now up around $100, but that's way way over priced. There's also a couple that have several days to go and are under $30 right now.

I believe the stud spacing does match the fender two pivot fulcrum trem. So many people on this board dislike this Kahler that you might want to try getting one cheap thru the JCF classifieds.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are several different fulcrum type trems, but there is only one that is actually called the Kahler Fulcrum.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thanks. Im on a couple of these auctions too. Ive also got a kahler 2700 trem that seems to have the same spacing but of course I dont have the studs. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I believe these are the kind that the knife edge is on the stud and the pivots are on the trem. And of course theyre a funky thread too. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I could be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that the Wilkinson has the same post spacing

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I could be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that the Wilkinson has the same post spacing

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that too. But I think its off by 1/16". But a wilk has a flat portion as one of the knife edges so I was thinking that it would just be off center by 1/32" Would that make any difference? If the posts would fit that might be a good idea.

Comment

If a Wilkinson VS-100 has the same post spacing (which I don´t doubt, they look like they could easily match up almost right), then a Fender AM Standard trem is also an option, as the Wilk was originally designed as a drop-in retrofit for those [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    If a Wilkinson VS-100 has the same post spacing (which I don´t doubt, they look like they could easily match up almost right), then a Fender AM Standard trem is also an option, as the Wilk was originally designed as a drop-in retrofit for those [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking that too. What about the cheap 2 point fulcrum trems that jackson uses on some of their imports and some squiers?

Comment

JS trems are spaced wider (the posts), not sure about the rest...

Comment

I remember back in the mid 80s Kahler was advertising the Fulcrum as a drop in replacement for Fender trems, so the Wilkinson sounds like it should work. According to Warmoth, the post spacing on the Wilkinson is 2.2", so measure your Fulcrum and see if it will fit.

Comment

Working...
                        X