Floyd nut problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd nut problem

I have a 24 fret ps2 perfprmer neck that Im trying to use. It didnt come with a nut. I have a couple to use but they all seem too high for the deck on this neck. I even took one off another jackson neck that I have and its obvious that the deck on the performer is much higher (not as deeply cut down) as the other one. I know it was a stock ps2 jackson nut that was on there. Is there a specific name or number for a "thinner" floyd nut. I dont want to have to shave the deck of the shelf on the neck. Id rather just find the correct nut. These are all the style that screw in from the top. Any ideas on this? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Floyd nut problem

Unfortunately none of the import nut makers follow a height standard, so it's nearly impossible to say which one to get. The easiest solution is to lower the platform to fit a nut you already have.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Floyd nut problem

Yeah, I hate to do that. ( I dont trust my abilities). Its not just a tiny difference. Its like 1/8" difference. Almost the thickness of the truss rod cover. Is there a certain known type for this? Im gonna try to contact the seller of the neck to see if he still has the nut as I imagine it probably wont work very well in another application. It would really need to be shimmed.

Comment

Working...
      X