Star neck plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star neck plates

I have noticed that star shaped bodies have the strap button on the neck plate. I have a Warmoth star that is really top heavy and it makes it hard to play. Neck bolts are usually to large to in to a strap button. Do I drill a hole in my neck plate? Any suggestions?
    Just one more guitar!

Re: Star neck plates

You can do it 3 ways - enlarge the hole in the strap pin and mount it with the top front neck bolt or drill a hole between the front bolts of the neck plate.
    You can also drive a strap screw into the front edge of the neck pocket between the neck bolts, though this works better with a Cliplock strap since the end of the strap is more narrow. You'll also have to mark the hole according to the width of the strap end, because if you just put it in the center of the pocket edge, the strap will push against the back of the neck.

If you decide to drill the plate, make sure there isn't an existing hole in the body under that spot (some do, some don't)
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Star neck plates

Thanks Newc, I think I am going to try your first suggestion. That was something I was thinking about.
      Thanks again
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
      X