Duncan Invader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Invader?

Does anyone use a Duncan Invader pick-up in the bridge position?

Do you have an opinion about this pick-up vs. a Dimarzio PAF Pro or a Seymour Duncan Distortion?

Thanks everyone,

Dan

Re: Duncan Invader?

I've got one in the bridge of a bolt-on RR Legend (esentially a single pickup, RR3 with a tune-o-matic bridge and no pickguard). The thing sounds mean as hell, all screaming highs and massive lows, no subtlety at all. The cleans suck, but it is an awesome straight ahead metal pickup.

Comment

It has more bottom end than the distrotion and IMO it is smoother sounding.It also seems to drive the amp a bit harder than DD.
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I find it a little muddy & greatly prefer the Distortion.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I'm still making up my mind about the Invader that came in my XTRR; I kinda like it for dirty nasty stuff, but it's a bit muddy and undefined for anything tighter or more technical.

Comment

I put two Invaders in my old Kelly. I thought they were cool in both positions and didn't sound muddy at all. They definitely have a lot of low mids and bass punch, though. They also sounded pretty good clean, IMO.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had trouble with it sounding muddy, too. Maybe it's something in the way we wired them, eh? In that class of pickup, I'm more a fan of DiMarzio's X2N.
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I'm also more of a fan of the X2N, but I was surprised the Invaders sounded so good in my old Kelly XLR. I think the Kelly was also made of poplar. Though, those Invaders were older ones without the Duncan logo, so maybe they changed the sound a little with the newer ones? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I've heard that about JBs through the years that some actually do sound better than others.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Maybe, the one I have is the stock bridge pup in my Warrior so it's of recent vintage. Of course it might also be the rigs we're playing through or just personal taste, I tend to prefer brighter pups.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Well, I threw one of the invaders in an Ibanez USA Custom...Hot Hot HOT pickup...Sounds great for power-chording and solos, but you seem to lose the high E and the B string in (for example)an open "G", etc....Neat sound though, lots of gain...Makes my wah wah pedal a little too un-ruley in the forward position, lol..

Cool looking pickup though, lol...

Thanks everyone,

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X