Swapping a JT580LP for a Schaller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping a JT580LP for a Schaller?

I,m getting a RR RX10D and want to change the jt580lp trem to a Schaller. Will it be a direct fit or do I have to do some mods?
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Re: Swapping a JT580LP for a Schaller?

Anybody? I would "assume" if the Schaller has the same dementions of the OFR but with shorter block tighting screws that they wouldn't hang over the recessed rout.I,m trying not to have any extra routing done to a brand new guitar. Yes Iv,e done a search and nothing comes up on this question.........
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

noone's ever gave me a direct answer on swapping a jt580lp for an OFR either dude, i would guess that it would though, good luck

Comment

Actually, my SL2 currentl has its JT580lp in, but Jabez (Junior) had an OFR in it while he had it.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Though I couldn't convince anyone..my SL2 had issues when trying to install a Schaller. It's the '96 with the real fine thread posts. The post spacing was slightly different, and the back corners of the main plate hit the edges of the body route. Everyone basically said I was full of crap, but I had it right in front of me with both trems & the one off of my Carvin also. But it seems like everybody else has not had a problem from what they say.
          The Buzzard does not fear
          The man in riot gear
          Harvest a skull of stone
          The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            noone's ever gave me a direct answer on swapping a jt580lp for an OFR either dude, i would guess that it would though, good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh I hear ya, I asked this question on a couple of other forms and told me to come here to the Jackson "family" to ask this question... [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] I have to order the trem from across the country and I dont want to find out that it doesn't fit and have to send it back and order another one that does. I want to PLAY the frigging thing!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              no one's ever gave me a direct answer on swapping a jt580lp for an OFR either dude, i would guess that it would though, good luck

[/ QUOTE ]
              I, as well, as another board member, replied and let you know it could be done in that other recent thread. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Though, IMO, there's nothing wrong with the JT580LP and every guitar I've had with one has stayed in tune fine. Unless you can't get it to stay in tune or there's some problem, why bother replacing it?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Iv,e heard them compared to the cheap TRS trems that come on the lower end Ibanez guitars.Iv,e had one and they dont stay in tune or go back to the correct pitch. (there a nightmare!)It is nice to hear that you have/had no problems with this trem, but I just want something relyable.......

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Iv,e heard them compared to the cheap TRS trems that come on the lower end Ibanez guitars.Iv,e had one and they dont stay in tune or go back to the correct pitch. (there a nightmare!)It is nice to hear that you have/had no problems with this trem, but I just want something relyable.......

[/ QUOTE ]

The one on my DXMG beater doesnt come back to pitch correctly but the one on my minty DK2 works fine. I have to check the posts on the dxmg to see if theyre worn out or if the trem edges are worn.

Comment

I've heard they are similar to the TRS trems. Actually, the ones on Jacksons I've had have been from the early to mid '90s, so maybe the quality on those older ones are better than the newer stuff.
                    A Schaller or OFR are tough to beat, I just had no need to replace my JT580s since they worked well.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i've had so much trouble with tuning on my jt580lp, and it's just soo annoying, i don't even touch the bar on it, and it goes out of tune, i've gone through all the floyd rose tuning fixes thing's i can find, only thing i haven't replaced is the posts(that's about to change) and the base plate

Comment

^^^
                        That's why I want to change it even before I start to play it. I just figured since the RR1 comes with an OFR that you could put that or a Schaller in ther with no problems or routing, just a simple swap.........but dont know if the trem routing is the same on the RX10D??

Comment

it will fit. be like Nike and just do it.
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                          X