SLSMG Replacement bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG Replacement bridge

What would I replace a stock one with? The one I have is pretty wobbly. I was looking at the bridge on a friends Schecter, and his bridge looks almost exactly like mine, but has a allen screw that tightens the whole thing up after ya set intonation and action.
    Thanks as always [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Re: SLSMG Replacement bridge

The screw that tightens the thing up is probably indicative of a TonePros bridge. SUPPOSEDLY, the bridge doesn't fall off when the strings are off, and SUPPOSEDLY gives better tone transfer since it's rigid. I don't know if it's all hype or not since I've read stories from both sides, so I'm personally wanting to try one on my Les Paul just to see what the fuss is about.

Website is http://tonepros.com/ and I think I remember at least one JCFer installing a TonePros bridge on their SLSMG a while ago with no problems.

Comment

I did swap the JT390 that was on my SLSMG for a TonesPro...No huge change in tone and sustain. It actually doesn't fall off when the strings are removed... but since I change strings one at a time, its a bit worthless using Tonespro to me...

Comment

I think this is the first time I´ve heard someone describe a fixed bridge as "wobbly" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, it's weird. It's not like it wobbles back and forth all by itself. I noticed my intonation went out slightly one day while practicing, and I hadnt made any adjustments. So, I gently grabbed the bridge, and with a little bit of force (not much) I could move the bridge back and forth, barely, but it still moved. Would probably need a micrometer to measure the movement, but apparently it was enough to knock the intonation out.

I guess It's probably a bad bridge if no one else has ever had this happen before. With the guitar being an arch top, the bridge is screwed out pretty far, seems you'd need a nice tight bridge assembly for this not to happen.

Comment

You need a TonePros dude.

Comment

Yah, ima leanin that way anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X