HELP ME!!!! I broke my amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ME!!!! I broke my amp

I am a retard with meat claws and my meat claw hand nocked loose a chip and then it broke. I will probally never find a new one but i figured i would see if any of you have one or know where to find one. Its a 813 A TL604CP I think its made by TI. If you want to know what it looks like I can take pictures of it when i get my camera back from my sister inlaw. It came out of a seperate attached board that is right behind the gain and volume of the lead channel on a randall RG100ES. I think it is for the gain but i could be horribly mistaken. If anyone knows of a replacement for it please tell me or if there is a chip that will make it sound even better that would be nice to know as well. I am right now with out a head to use as this is the only one i have. GRRR!! I'm desperate [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img].
    You will be my hero if you help me fix this [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: HELP ME!!!! I broke my amp

Check mouser.com. I did a quick search for 814a and came up with these, but I don't know if they're the correct part:

http://www.mouser.com/?Ne=500&handler=da...N=570&Ns=SField

Also, you can give Randall a call and ask them.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Randall has even emailed me schematics, just beacause I asked. Fast turnaround, too.
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

just an update the actual model number on the chip is just TL604CP it is a P-MOS Analog Switch, it is made by TI well was made by them they dont make it anymore.

Here is some info about it i dug up on TIs site

The TL604 is a dual complementary SPST switch with a single control input.

Features:
        # Switch ±10-V Analog Signals
        # TTL Logic Capability
        # 5-to 30-V Supply Ranges
        # Low (100 ) On-State Resistance
        # High (1011 ) Off-State Resistance
        # 8-Pin Functions

<u>--:Heres the whole blurb about the family it comes from:--</u>

The TL601, TL604, TL607, and TL610 are a family of monolithic P-MOS analog switches that provide fast switching speeds with high roff/ron ratio and no offset voltage. The p-channel enhancement-type MOS switches accept analog signals up to ±10 V and are controlled by TTL-compatible logic inputs. The monolithic structure is made possible by BI-MOS technology, which combines p-channel MOS with standard bipolar transistors.

These switches are particularly useful in military, industrial, and commercial applications such as data acquisition, multiplexers, A/D and D/A converters, MODEMS, sample-and-hold systems, signal multiplexing, integrators, programmable operational amplifiers, programmable voltage regulators, crosspoint switching networks, logic interface, and many other analog systems.

The TL601 is an SPDT switch with two logic control inputs. The TL604 is a dual complementary SPST switch with a single control input. The TL607 is an SPDT switch with one logic control input and one enable input. The TL610 is an SPST switch with three logic control inputs. The TL610 features a higher roff/ron ratio than the other members of the family.

The TL601C, TL604C, TL607C, and TL610C are characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C, the TL601I, TL604I, TL607I, and TL610I are characterized for operation from -25°C to 85°C, and theTL601M, TL604M, TL607M, and TL610M are characterized for operation over the full military temperature range of -55°C to 125°C.

<font color="red">And now the question remains... Anyone know of another chip that will do the same thing and fit and/or have TL604CP lying around.</font>

Comment

I already talked to the people at randall they dont carry the part anymore. TI doesnt even make it anymore. The amp is almost 20 years old.

Comment

Anyone?????

Comment

I guess this was a common replacement item for peaveys?
              See this page:

http://www.vibroworld.com/parts/tech17.html#pic

Look for:
              96500604 - Original TL604 CMOS replacement IC US$25.00

Seems it was also known as:
              TL-604
              TL-0604

Also on the page, there is also:
              96500078- TL604 Adapter Kit, with replacement IC and associated components. US$21.00

Not sure about this stuff, maybe pete would be more informed i'd think to recommend what to do.

Comment

Cleve did a hell of a lot of groundwork here... Get the replacement IC, and you would probably do best by letting a tech do the actual soldering. CMOS devices can be easy to kill with static discharge - I built some CMOS based overdrives about 10 years ago from a Craig Anderton book, and lost several of the chips because I left the soldering iron on while I was soldering them into position. Then I learned the miracle of using IC sockets. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You're not going to get any improvement in tone with any replacements. If it channel switched without a pop and quickly enough for you, then replace it with a stock one. I finally built a few amps with footswitchable functions, and making them switch quickly, reliably and quietly was kinda a pain in the butt until I figured it out. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Once you get it fixed, keep your hands out of there!

Pete

Comment

It has a IC socket, I barely touched the thing, It fell out and the pin broke off, over the last few months it's been getting alot of hum and static pop sounds, I wonder if this could have done it. The reason I touched it in the first place was because it looked loose, and well it was. So all this does is change chans? or distortion? Thanx to all of you and especially Cleveland Metal for finding the chip, I seached all day ready to buy a new amp, but I really love this head.

Comment

Working...
                  X