Perfect Strings for Eb ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Strings for Eb ?

I find 10-46 to be perfect in E but too loose in Eb. What strings hold the same tension in Eb, as 10-46 do in E ?

What's some of your experiences with Eb tuning ?

Re: Perfect Strings for Eb ?

For me I use 9-42 in E and 10-46 in Eb and they feel close. Have you tried 11's in Eb?
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I use 11-56 in Eb.

Comment

I use D'Addario 0.0105 in Eb... they are right between 10s and 11s!
        They are as perfect for Eb as 10s are for E. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Love them, got a whole truckload of them lying around in my appartment... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

No i haven't tried 11's yet, wanted to get some input before i went shopping

Fifth horseman is this what you are talking about ? EXL110+ XL 10.5-48 Regular Light Plus

sounds like it's exactly what i want!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] If not, next stop 11s

Do you notice any difference on the Floyd afterwards if you change from 10-46 in E to 10.5-48 in Eb ? like you don't need to adjust the springs in the back ?

Comment

I use GHS Boomers 10-46 in both E and Eb tunings, and that is as low as I go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              No i haven't tried 11's yet, wanted to get some input before i went shopping

Fifth horseman is this what you are talking about ? EXL110+ XL 10.5-48 Regular Light Plus

sounds like it's exactly what i want!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] If not, next stop 11s

Do you notice any difference on the Floyd afterwards if you change from 10-46 in E to 10.5-48 in Eb ? like you don't need to adjust the springs in the back ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, those are the ones.

I can't comment on the floyd issue... I have no guitars with a floyd... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              But the tension feels quite the same, at least I think so... it's been awhile since I had a guitar in E with 10s.

But two of my guitars are in standard B with 13-56, so the low E to high B string is the same gauge like 10s in E.
              And I notice no different playing feel, so differences should be minimal.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

13-56 @ B on all my guitars Floyds and Kahler have no issues.or you can try 12-54 just a bit less tension and the harmonics are a little better.try this custom top to bottom and let me know how it turns out 70-60-56-46-36-26 see if low you can get to G,keep it clean,and with the right tension
                www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

On my Strat with 25.5" scale, I use 10-46 for Eb, sometimes E (GHS Boomers or Carvin).
                  On my Dinky HX with 25.5" scale, 11-48 (Ernie Ball Power Slinky) tuned to D.
                  On my Carvin with 25" scale, 11-48 for Eb.
                  On my Les Paul with 24.75" scale, 10-46 for E.
                  On my ESP/LTD with 24.75" scale, 11-48 for E.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X