tuner wiggle room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuner wiggle room

i need to put schallers in a fender neck and the holes are a bit too big. When not screwed down, it looks like they can wiggle in there about 1 mm. How bad is this going to be if I just tighten them down in there? Will I stay in tune?

Re: tuner wiggle room

I don't know Lance,I would think there would be problems,I've even seen tuner posts bent over from the string tension,not sure if that was from over sized tuner holes but....dowel 'em & redrill maybe??

Comment

or put some electric tape around the part that goes through the hole.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

yeah electrical tape is a good idea but is that gonna fuck up the sounds a tiny bit?

Comment

not at all, as long as it holds the strings stable. and if the guitar has a locking nut, even that isn't much of a concern.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
          X