Which pickups for my RR Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pickups for my RR Pro?

Looking to change out the pickups in my old school RR Pro. Something from the Duncan family. Something that will sound nice and full even though there's not much wood on it and a Floyd. Any suggestions?

Vic

Re: Which pickups for my RR Pro?

My buddy uses dual Distortions in his Rhoads Pro... they are fucking awesome!
    Especially the neck Distortion was a real surprise, so full and clear tone... his Les Paul rests in its case since he got the Distortions installed because he likes the sound of his RR on the neck pickup better. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

BTW I use the Distortion in the bridge of my Soloist Archtop Professional and KVX10 too, can't go wrong with them IMO.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      My buddy uses dual Distortions in his Rhoads Pro... they are fucking awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have nothing more to add. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Oooh, interesting....interesting....

Has anybody used the Full Shred much? I've never gotten my hands on one....

Comment

The Full Shred bridge sounds like a combination of the JB and the Custom. Not as schrill as the Custom, but not as warm as the JB. I had the dual Duncan Distortion set up, and it was pretty good. But I removed the bridge pup and installed the Custom.

Comment

Oooh, torn between 3 pickups....Distortion, Custom and Full Shred.....hmmmm....

Comment

The Full Shred is a little brighter and punchier than the Distortion. It doesn't have the mid push that the DD does. Both have great harmonics and stay articulate under high gain. The Full Shred sounds very clear when split and played clean. The Distortion split is more like a hot Strat single coil.

Comment

I have a dual Distortion setup in my AT Pro and love it is great for heavier stuff.I also have a Custom/59 in a AT Pro and it is much better for playing AC/DC type rock.It just does not have the drive the distortions have.But to me they have the same overall tone heavy bass and mids.The custom is just a bit cleaner sounding , sort of a distortion lite.I have never tried a FS so I can not comment.BTW both of the ATs are string through.
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  sort of a distortion lite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you heard that one before? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Gee I have know idea [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    Mike
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Well, I've got a couple of Distortions on the way, a TB for the bridge and an SH for the neck. Fingers crossed I like it.

Comment

If you don't, I'll be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                        X