Pick guard for a Charvel Model 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick guard for a Charvel Model 4

Has anyone ever seen a pick guard for a Charvel Model 4?? I have completely rewired both two of mine. Took off the tone knobs, center single coil pick up, and two mini toggles. Now I have a bunck of exposed holes and would like some kind of pick guard to cover all of it up. Help please!!!

Re: Pick guard for a Charvel Model 4

As far as I know there wasn't a pickguard Model 4. Perhaps you have another model? The 4 should have active electronics with three knobs. The first had pearl dot inlays, later models would have sharkfin inlay.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

You are right. Model 4 did not have a pick guard but I wish to install one because of the holes that will be left once I remove and rewire things.
      What I have done to two of my Model 4's (one pearl dot and the other shark fin inlays) is switched one toggle so the "up" position is assigned to my neck pick up while the "down" position stays as its original bridge assignment. I have also re-angled the toggle switch so I can flick it with my pinky, instead of having to reposition my hand to flip the toggle. I also want to remove the center tone knob and the middle single coil because I just don't use them. I'm sure others have done the same kind of setup. I have had these guitars for 18 years (or so).

Comment

Find Budman68 here on the board. He can probably make you a custom fit pick guard.

Comment

I would just leave the holes rather than add a pickguard. You might look for small buttons that you push into the holes. You could also install dummy knobs and switches - just don't hook them up.

The ultimate fix would be to have the holes plugged and refinished.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Besides... Good luck finding toggles and pots with shafts that long to be able to go through not only the pickguard, but the remainder of the body. (unless you're planning on routing the face of the guitar.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
            X