Wireless systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless systems

Anybody use one regularly? I've got a friend who's looking into a wireless setup for bass. What are the better systems out there without spending a fortune?

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Wireless systems

Nady, Samson, AKG all have them, and you'll probably get lots of opinions on this question!. After lots of trials my favorite (for best bang for the buck) is the Nady XR-61. Super reliable, very quiet, no drop outs, doesn't 'color' your sound, extremely good battery life, two antenna true diversity, adjustable squelch & volume, great body pack, great construction (doesn't look like a plastic toy like some do). I've gotten them thru ebay for $65-$75, or you can get direct from Nady on their closeout page for $130.
    current ebay auction
    nady closeout page

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Any information is good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Nady, Samson, AKG all have them, and you'll probably get lots of opinions on this question!. After lots of trials my favorite (for best bang for the buck) is the Nady XR-61. Super reliable, very quiet, no drop outs, doesn't 'color' your sound, extremely good battery life, two antenna true diversity, adjustable squelch & volume, great body pack, great construction (doesn't look like a plastic toy like some do). I've gotten them thru ebay for $65-$75, or you can get direct from Nady on their closeout page for $130.
        current ebay auction
        nady closeout page

[/ QUOTE ]

not bad at all. My main concern is coloring of the sound. I bidded,hopefully I win. hehe

Comment

The adjustable squelch or sensitivity feature on most wireless' has the added benefit of being like a mini-noise gate and helps keep your amp quiet when you aren't playing. Also the volume controls on most are about 1-to1 gain (equal to a cord) when the control is at about 80%. Most offer a 4dB boost to the signal at 100% volume. So you could play with this a little if you wish to send a slightly higher signal to the amp, or if you have one of your guitars that isn't as hot as another, you could use this wireless volume control to help boost the guitar signal to the amp a little.

Comment

I won the auction for $ 73.50. Not too shabby..this may sound stupid,but what kind of cable do I need from my amp to the unit?

Comment

SENNHEISER, SENNHEISER, SENNHEISER. I asked this same question almost 2 years ago on this forum and got some good advice to go with Sennheiser. I did. I got the EW172 for guitar and its worked flawlessly since. They have the new gereration G2's out now, and they seem just as good. What I like Sennheiser is that they are tough. The body pack transmitter is all metal. So if you're like me and sometimes drop things you don't have to worry about it breaking if it were plastic.

It costs more than the Nady's others mentioned, I payed $275 for mine, but its well worth it.

Oh and DeathMetalsycho, you just use a regular guitar cable from your amp to the wireless unit.

Hope this helps, just my $0.02 worth.

Ken

Comment

thanks,I'm sure this unit I bought will do just fine for now.Once we start to play shows is when I will really get to test the nady,but for now it should be ok. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

anyone every try SENNHEISER D1000 which is a digital system?

I'm seeing them on ebay for about $200-250

joe
                  www.godwentpunk.com
                  www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I've got the Digital 1000, bought it a couple years ago. It's perfect: no tone coloration and quiet. Go for it...
                    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Working...
                    X