Project number umpteen thousand! lol!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project number umpteen thousand! lol!

<font color="aqua">Well as most of you know I have a million things going on at once (not always a good thing! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). Just thought I'd share one that I'm just about to wrap up for a friend of mine. He's a huge KISS fan and he wanted an "axe" guitar so he asked if I would do it for him since they're so friggin expensive to find anywhere else. He asked me to do the body and he would take care of the painting part of it. He wanted it to look fairly legit so he even purchased an old Kramer with the "tuning fork" headstock for realism (nice touch!). It will have EMG's and a Kahler trem on it which has to be routed to keep the action managable for the type of neck installation that needs to be done. The first pic, it's already had a lot done to it but something is better than nothing right? By the way, sorry about the long pic that makes you scroll but I didn't realize I didn't resize that one and I didn't feel like doing it now... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here, the pickup cavities, kahler bridge, and neck pockets are being milled up on my old Bridgeport (man, I love this machine!). Notice all the brass and black delrin chips from previous parts being made that morning [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]?

Unfortunately, you can't see alot of the step details in the surface of the body but they're there! She still need some work like beveling of the blade and other hand work but she's almost done!

</font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: Project number umpteen thousand! lol!

That's Awesome! When are you going to start selling those bodies?
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

F*ck that's cool Dave,most excellent bro!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Damn! Is there anything you can't do? [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

hey maybe you can sharpen it really really sharp (: (: ......

why are some fretboard dots missign?

that's a weird bolt-on system, never seen one like that.

you could also round off the lower corner at the heel, to make it easier to play on the high frets, like the ibanez heels.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

The fret dots are there, just hard to see because of the glare.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I didn't realise you were posting here to get our advice on how to do it. I looks like you've got things pretty much under control.

But anyway, if people are pitching in with tips on how to make it "better", I think you should give the body double offset horns, and maybe round the bout a bit more. Or a lot more. And put 3 single coils and a pickguard on it. Apart from those minor details, excellent work young fella! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

seriously though, great work. With your friend painting, any chance we'll get some more update pics as the project progresses?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I didn't realise you were posting here to get our advice on how to do it. With your friend painting, any chance we'll get some more update pics as the project progresses?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Actually, I wasn't ( [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) but input is never a bad thing in my book! My friend told me exactly what he wanted, so I'm following instuctions as planned. As for getting to see it painted, I would certainly hope so!

Also, yes, the fret dots are there, zeegs is correct, the glare kind of "robs" them from the fretboard in that pic.

Thanks for the words everyone! </font>
                Dave ->

Comment

Too Cool, Dave. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">Thanks bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                    Dave ->

Comment

Honestly, Dave, I'd give a testicle (one of my own, even) to be able to apprentice for you for a year. Hell, I don't need them, I'd give 'em both.

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Keith
                      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I'm in line after Keith, but I only think I can afford the 6-month program. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, Dave, seems like each project is more amazing than the last! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Hope to see the final product... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">ermmmmmmmm....keep your testicles boys, I want no part of those [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, thanks for the kind words, I post this stuff because I know I personally love to see other peoples projects, so I might as well participate, right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                          Dave ->

Comment

You sicko, I didn't say that I'd donate a nut to you just that I'd give one! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Wow, the neck attachment system is like a hybrid between the Gibson long neck tenon setneck with a traditional bolt-on. Pretty cool! What neck is that that it requires that sort of neck pocket?

I like the cute little upper round horn... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Perfect for the strap pin location I think. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X