Candy apple Red vs. Dark Candy Apple Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candy apple Red vs. Dark Candy Apple Red

I have been asked what the big difference between Candy Apple red and Dark Candy Apple Red is, well here is a pic. The V is the dark version.

Re: Candy apple Red vs. Dark Candy Apple Red

Man, I LOVE that V. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I love it as well...that dark CAR is a great color! Does it have a pearl hue up close? That would sell it for me.

Comment

Yes, it does have a bit of a purple hue whereas the standard red has an almost coppery hue. I think you meant purple..CAR is always a metallic color.

BTW, some may notice I no longer use my tree for pictures (it became a trademark). It didn't survive this winter and has been cut down, so I will use my car until it gets painted next month. Maybe I will finally get some stands for these things.

Comment

Ah I actually did mean pearl...I forgot about it being a metallic color though. Oh well.

Comment

if you gotta lean against a car, thats a nice one to do it on. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

goodbye tree! you will be missed! we have your stump to remember you by!

Comment

Jim i think that V is one of my favorite guitars

Comment

I like the Dark Candy Red better by far!! Both are nice though. Jack.

Comment

What a lovely V,can't help seeing it again. thanx

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, it is pretty cool.

Comment

WOW!
                        I didn't realize Candy Apple Red to be that light color in the day light..
                        How about if you take these guitars inside of your house, will it still look that way ?
                        How about the dark candy apple red?
                        Will it look really dark?

Jim, is there anything like Dark Candy Apple Blue?
                        I noticed some very dark Metalic Blue that was described as Candy Apple Blue but I saw another pic of recent Candy Apple Blue and they look very different..

I am considering the darker Candy Apple Blue for my new guitar in the future but it is bit confusing.

Comment

Candy apple refers more or less to a style of finish. The metal flakes are silver or gold and the color is made with a tranparent shader topcoat. Candy red is usually done with gold flakes and trans red shader, blue is usually done with silver flakes and blue shader. There are exceptions to the flakesas painters will often choose different color flakes to get a desired effect. Like Candy apple red with a silver base looks very cold compared to a warmer gold flake. Gold flakes under blue give a slight green tint.

Inside these guitars would look very different. Direct sunlight is the only way to get them to really show up. Inside they would appear way darker.

Comment

Thank you Jim!
                            I am sending some color samples of Candy Apple Blue to Lee at GMW for my next potential order and I probably ask him to get it bit darker than usual Candy Apple Blue.
                            Tracy has a very nice Candy Apple Blue Strat(#2143) and if I could get it a bit darker, perfect.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That V is super sweet!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I used to own a Candy Apple Green Dinky Reverse... talk about a bright, sparkly green! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X