Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screwed on ebay for a Schaller! Need a baseplate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwed on ebay for a Schaller! Need a baseplate!

Screwed on ebay for a Schaller! Need a baseplate!

I purchased a real Schaller Floyd Rose for my Charvel Model 6 and was informed as per the ad that it was in top shape and that nothing was stripped.

The upper three (G, B and E) holes are totally stripped! I checked to see if it was perhaps the screws only but it is sadly the plate. I have emailed the seller but I am not holding my breath for any results.

Now I need to find another black Schaller plate. Any suggestions for a new or used one?

Re: Screwed on ebay for a Schaller! Need a baseplate!

That's a real shame. I don't understand why people are so retarded that they strip those things. You don't have to reef them down super tight.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

And this from a good seller with great (and lots of) feedback....

SighQ

Comment

<font color="aqua">Damn, bro, this sucks, there's nothing worse than someone totaly misrepresenting an item....wish I had one for ya [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

How striped are they.
          It doesn't take much bigger thread to make them hold. Sometimes the screws look good but are just worn enough not to hold.

If it has threads but just doesn't tighten(keeps spinning) you might try just getting new screws and being really careful-it worked on one screw I had.

If its already toast and the screw just slides up and down.I would try to pick up one size machine larger screw and and force it in kind of threading it yourself then use some locktite-blue(for removing) not red. Also

Also as a last resort -get a sheet metal screw-still get black and slightly larger and go to town-

With all of them I would use locktite and go to hardware store or whatever has a large selection of small screws and grab some different sizes ect. They are cheap and you can experiment without having to run back and forth.

Comment

Good news!

The seller wrote back and stated that he was not aware that antything was wrong with the unit and will issue a full refund including S&H.

So let me issue a huge "hats off and million thanks" to Metalmusic80's

I can certainly tell you that after all is said and done they are a solid and very honest seller!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...=metalmusic80s

Comment

congrats!
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
              X