Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1meg pot...

hi all...

i was thinking of replacing my DKMG volume pot with a 1meg pot. ive heard it really improves gain and clarity...do u think it'll work?? please advise....

Re: 1meg pot...

It will improve output, and the treble response will be higher. To the degree you will notice, it depends on what you have right now. If right now you have a 250K, it will be a big difference. Why not do the tone robbing tone pots as well?

Comment

Or you can mod the pots to be "no load" in the 10 position by disassembling them and scratching off the carbon track completely on the extreme end of both pots. The effect is that when the pots are on 10, their resistance is infinite (no contact).

It´s the closest thing there is to wiring a pickup directly to the output jack, but the effect may be more pronounced than you´re looking for.

To test how a 1 meg pot would sound, just wire a n appropriate resistor in series w/ the volume pot (750k on a 250 pot, 500k on a 500 pot...) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

hmmmmm, so from what i understand, i might as well solder in a 750k resistor into my volume pot instead of buying a 1meg pot...rite? same thing???

Comment

no, putting a resistor is for testing what kind of output you'll get with the volume or tone at maximum.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

someone mentioned earlier that the tone pot kills pure tone...so how do u go about that?? i mean some way of disengaging the tone-pot to improve tone???

Comment

Use a push pull pot to disengage the tone circuit.

Comment

Working...
              X