Seymour Duncans for my Model 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncans for my Model 6?

I just got in my pickups to put in my Model 6. I bought a SD Distortion, Lil 59, and Lil JB. The single coil size don't fit. Does Seymour Duncan make a single coil size pickup that will fit without having to route out the holes in my model 6? If so, where can I get them?

Re: Seymour Duncans for my Model 6?

?? My Lil´59 and JBJr s fit into my M6 with no problems...... wierd......

Comment

I routed out the holes because I think the guitar looks cooler that way.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I just got in my pickups to put in my Model 6. I bought a SD Distortion, Lil 59, and Lil JB. The single coil size don't fit. Does Seymour Duncan make a single coil size pickup that will fit without having to route out the holes in my model 6? If so, where can I get them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the holes real tight, like a long oval? I wondered how the heck you get a pickup in there. The only pickups I've seen for that route were EMG's I think.

Comment

We mean the same routs, Don. EMG´s fit for sure , but you may have problems because the wires come out the front (I had to chisel a small channel into the routs of Phoenix for the leads)...

Thing is, I have a Cool rails, a lil59 and a JBJr, and they all fit in perfectly, that´s why I´m a bit perplexed right now as to what may be wrong here..... And single coild have more or less "normed" mounting hole spacings and bobbin sizes, SC-hummies should as well, because they fit the same holes in a ´guard......

Brad, how big is the difference? I get a feeling we´re talking about slightly oversize, that could be rectified by filing off a wee bit of the baseplate....or is a big difference, 1/8" or so?

Comment

I have a 59 in the neck of mine, and it fit right in, too...
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Brad, how big is the difference? I get a feeling we´re talking about slightly oversize, that could be rectified by filing off a wee bit of the baseplate....or is a big difference, 1/8" or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much baseplate to file off. Looks like it will squeeze in but I will end up having to chisel a little bit to make room for the lead coming out of the side of the pickup. I am off to Home Depot. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Why can't shit just be easy? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X