Active Mid Boost Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Mid Boost Question

I am in the process of putting new Seyour Duncans in my Model 6 and was wondering if there were any benefits of keeping hte active mid boost hooked up. I am familiar with Seymour Duncans in my Jackson without the boost. Is there a positive difference with the Duncans with the boost left in the guityar or should I just yank it out?

Re: Active Mid Boost Question

Duncans sound good by themselves, so I'd yank the active circuit. It wouldn't hurt to try em with the actives before pullin them out, just to hear what it'd be like.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

More mids before the distortion == better bite and definition, in my experience.

What brand/model is it? how much would you sell it for?
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I personally prefer to keep the circuit in and just swap out the pickups. I find it more versatile, and keepingnthe boost also helps me dial in the tone I want [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X